With #TrickOrTreat only a few days away this Sunday, October 31, from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., we would like to offer some tips to ensure everyone has a safe and fun-filled day!
• Plan costumes that are bright and reflective.
• Make sure that shoes fit properly, costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement or contact with an open flame, costumes should not obstruct vision.
• Children 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult.
• Plan your route and share it with family members.
• Carry a flashlight so you can be seen by others.
• If possible, stay in groups and walk on sidewalks. If no sidewalk is available, use the farthest edge of the roadway.
• Look both ways before crossing the street and try to cross only at corners. Do not hide or cross in between parked cars.
• Only Trick or Treat in well-known neighborhoods and at homes that have a porch light
• Never enter a strange car or home to accept a treat.
• Be cautious of animals and strangers.
• Never eat unwrapped food items or open beverages.
• Have an adult inspect your treats before eating them.
• Notify Law Enforcement immediately of any sign of suspicious or illegal activity.
We would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable Halloween!