Eligibility requirements, including Income limits, and benefits available
Under this program are subject to change by the State Budget
Residents applying for a reimbursement of the difference between the amount of property taxes paid for 2013 and the amount paid for 2014 must:
- Have been age 65 or older as of December 31, 2013, OR receiving Federal Social Security disability benefits as of December 31, 2013, and December 31, 2014. You do NOT qualify if the Federal Social Security disability benefits you (or your spouse/civil union partner) were receiving were received on behalf of someone else; and
- Have lived in New Jersey continuously since December 31, 2003, or earlier, as either a homeowner or a renter; and
- Have owned and lived in the home (or have leased a site in a mobile home park on which you have placed a manufactured or mobile home that you own) for which the reimbursement is being claimed since December 31, 2010, or earlier; and
- Have paid the full amount of the property taxes due on the home for 2013 by June 1, 2014, and for 2014 by June 1, 2015 (if a mobile home owner, have paid the full amount of mobile home park site fees for 2013 by December 31, 2013, and for 2014 by December 31, 2014); and
- Have total annual income for 2013 that did not exceed $84,289 and for 2014 that did not exceed $85,553. These limits apply regardless of marital/civil union status. However, applicants who are married or in a civil union must report combined income of both spouses/CU partners.
Note:For 2013 the State Budget limited reimbursement payments to certain applicants. Only those applicants whose 2012 income did not exceed $82,880 and whose 2013 income did not exceed $70,000 were eligible to receive reimbursement payments for 2013, provided they met all the other program requirements. The State Budget may apply similar limitations for 2014.
Eligibility requirements, including Income limits, and benefits available under this program are subject to change by the State Budget
Filing deadline has been extended to October 15, 2015
For an application visit Manchester Senior Services or go online: Application