Survey for Students, Parents & Community
The Board of Education invites you to participate in providing valuable input for the superintendent search process that is in progress. Our search consultant, Kathy Winecoff, of the New Jersey School Boards Association, has developed three Survey Monkey tools to accomplish gathering community, administrators, and staff input. Information gathered will be used to shape a variety of candidate review documents and the interview questions.
All input is anonymous and will be provided to the board to assist them in:
- selection of candidates to interview,
- development of interview questions, and
- selecting the finalist.Students, parents, and community members are invited to open the COMMUNITY Survey link below.
For Those Seeking to Apply
OCEAN COUNTY, NJ: The Manchester Township Board of Education is seeking an exceptional instructional leader with the vision and experience to support a dynamic learning environment committed to the success for every child in our PK-12 School District. Located in Ocean County NJ, the Manchester Township School District comprises three elementary schools, one middle school and one high school which provide educational services to 2,970 students from Lakehurst and Manchester Township. The district is supported by a staff of 650 and has an operating budget of $61 million.
We also operate Regional Day School on behalf of the State of NJ that operates on its
own budget that is funded solely by tuition payments made by sending districts. The Board
of Education oversees the district which is staffed by Manchester Township School District
- NJ School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility required
- Experience as a Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Central Office, or Principal, preferred
- Pk-12 Classroom experience preferred
- Educational leadership with skills in curriculum, special education, personnel management, planning, and technologyThe successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in:
- Delivery of services to special needs students
- Effective communications with the board and all community stakeholders
- Providing educational equity for all students by eliminating systemic barriers and closing the achievement gap
- Salary: Commensurate with experience; subject to NJ regulations.
Position available: February 1, 2022
Application Deadline: 12:00 am EST, October 10, 2021
All applications must be submitted through this link:
New Jersey School Boards Association
Disclaimer: The Township of Manchester is not responsible for the interviewing and/or hiring of a new Manchester Township School Superintendent. This is posted on the Manchester Township Website purely as an advertisement only.